Author   Comment  
RocketBunnyS13

N00b
Reply with quote  #1 
FYI: This is my first ever build thread.. Let me know if I bored you half to death! <3

Well, although she is far from done I've put this off for much too long. This is definitely an ONGOING build.. as her motor still isn't in. Nevertheless, Here is the progress thus far! 

I picked her up summer of 2011 totally stock and minty as can be. This car was so unbelievably complete, it had the topper cover, as well as the original tire-change kit without rust! 

My first purchase for her was a set of Stance GR+PRO coilovers accompanied shortly thereafter by a 17x9 +12 18x9.5 +12 staggered set of Gramlight 57 Maximum-Pros. My lug nuts match as they too are Rays. I was lucky enough to find the wheels BNIB and the coils had only been used on a car that blew up before it left the garage!

In order to put my new wheels on I had to toss the 4-lug and do an s14 5-Lug conversion. I drilled the rotors and haven't done a brake upgrade yet. What a pain in the ass!!

This was my first shot at fitment, the fronts were laamme but the rears fit beautifully. When I picked up my Agency Power full titanium exhaust I had the chance to really get the fitment I wanted.  I also hated the stock tail lights so I picked me up some Origin half-clears. 
I had more then decided what kit I was going to buy, the only problem was it had to be made in Japan before I could have it. I put my order in through Enjuku Racing and a major waiting game began. It took almost 8 months for me to get it (granted it was over the winter months so it wasn't SO bad). Meanwhile, I fancied up the interior. It looked terrible with the grey carpet that came stock, a friend gave me his black 180sx carpet which, after some tedious cutting and sewing, fit nicely inside. I wrapped the door panels to match the carpet, and purchased Dmax checkered floor mats to spice it up. You'll also notice the pink GripRoyal steering wheel mounted on a Works Bell hub and an NRG QR, and Yashio Factory drift knob. I AM a girl after all

Ewie ^^
Much better

Okay, its out there now... Its AUTO (cringes). Keep in mind I'm from Saskatchewan, thats where this build began. There REALLY isn't much out there for parts and so it took MONTHS to find a 5-speed transmission for a decent price. I finally did but, as it usually does, life got in my way and unfortunately the swap never happened. (I didn't have a garage in Regina! Don't hate me too much).
About a week before my kit arrived, I decided that the Gramlights weren't aggressive enough to match the kit so I sold them and picked up a set of 17x9 0 17x9.5+12 Volk TE37s.

Then the fun began! I originally got shipped S14 side skirts with my whole kit and the wait for s13 skirts was another 4-5 months. The only option was to fiberglass since they were about an inch too long. 
I also picked up a pair of Origin 20mm front overs which shipped with the kit. 
First time all on the car. I was so stoked to FINALLY have this kit, it only took me 3 days to get it prepped for paint. Unfortunately hot weather shut down one of the booths at the shop and so I had to wait a few extra days to get the paint done.  SO worth it when it was done! 

Right now I'm waiting to trailer her from Regina to here in Calgary so I can swap in the S14 Notchback SR20DET I have waiting at home. I'll be doing a partial wire tuck as well as some bolt ons. That'll all be added to this build thread later on, but for now at least I hope you like how she looks! She'll be boosted and 5-speed (finally) come this summer where all you Calgarians can see her in person. Thats all for now folks! Plenty more to be added over the next coming months.
Cheers! 
Aidan

TL;DR:

For any interested, DodoLogic did a feature on this car, here's the link
(http://www.dodo-logic.ca/?p=11894#more-11894).
Hit me up on Facebook if you want to see more of it! 
<3

dkjzz30

OG Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I cant believe it started that clean looking. Most 240s are just beat. Good job, the rocket bunny kit is sick.
ercchry

OG Member
Reply with quote  #3 
i want a tra kyoto kitted wagon r sooo bad
RocketBunnyS13

N00b
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjzz30
I cant believe it started that clean looking. Most 240s are just beat. Good job, the rocket bunny kit is sick.

I know, I got incredibly lucky. The woman I bought it from was the second ever owner. The other people owned it for only a month.

PFIS300

OG Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I love this car so much, been my background for weeks now. Cant wait to see more quality put into this thing, so rare to see nowadays.

Aidan for president.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!