Author   Comment  
PFIS300

OG Member
Reply with quote  #1 

This will be where I post all my updates from now on, other forums will only get random pics.

I'll start this build thread from scratch since this is home court for us PoorForm members.

Name: Dallas Owen
City: Chestermere (Calgary)

Affiliation: PoorForm Member

Cars Currently Owned:
-Lexus IS300 -XE10- (Black/Black - 2JZ-GE - Full Leather - Sunroof - 5Speed)
-Nissan Silvia -S13- (Two Tone - CA18DET - 5Speed - LSD)

I purchased this IS300 back at the end of last winter from a girl in Calgary. I got it with about 115,000km's on it and completely stock. Original Lexus of Calgary purchased car in 2002, factory 5 speed and full leather seats. I am the 4th owner of the vehicle, after the first owner it was owned by a Calgary mechanic, then the girl I bought it off of and then myself.

Updated Mods List (Parts Installed):

Footwork/Suspension:
-Work Meister S1R (18x9.5 // 18x11)
-HSD Coilovers - PoorForm Proprietary Valving
-WORK Blue Lug Nuts
-Painted Front Calipers w/ "LEXUS" Logo

Interior:
-Vertex (Red) Poprius Shift Knob (Custom machined inner sleeve)
-Nardi *ORIDO STYLE* Steering Wheel
-WorksBell Steering Hub
-Alpine 3400BT HeadUnit

Exterior:
-OEM Altezza  3-Bar Grille
-Lumens 6000k HID - Headlights
-Lumens 6000K HID - Fog Lights
-Full Window Tint + Debadged Rear Trunk (Minus "L")

Engine/Performance:
-Apexi N1 Exhaust
-FIGS Engineering Clutch Dampener Delete

Parts Awaiting Install:
-STACK Racing Cluster
-STACK Boost + EGT Guages
-2JZGTE Purple Titanium Dress Up Bolts
-IS300 Purple Titanium Dress Up Bolts (Engine Bay)

What the futre holds:
-Full GTE Engine Build + 6Spd (600+whp Goal)
-Vertex Kit (Race inspired styling on car)
-Custom suspension
-Race inspired interior

Special Thanks:
-Jimmy (JZS161) @ Vex Performance - For all the help with the build since day 1, and getting me on the right track to build my dream engine/car.

-Landon (UJELLY350) - For tolerating all my tools/parts/etc and being a awesome friend/roomate.

-Vex Performance (Ryan/Jimmy) - Always giving the best treatment, hooking up all the best parts/deals - and dealing with me hanging out on my days off.

-UrbanX Wheel & Tire (South) - All the last-minute mounting, giving us awesome deals and taking the utmost care of our wheels and putting the extra effort in to mount some of the insane stretches we do.

-Everyone else in PoorForm and all my friends, you know who you are - thanks for coming over to help wrench, converse about parts, or motivate each other to keep going with these money pits.

Thanks to everyone who has helped with this build in any way.
------------------------------------------------------------

Here is how it looked when I purchased it:

Almost immediately I picked up a Altezza 3-Bar grille, and some Lumens HID's (6000k) for my Headlights + Fog Lights

After that, and after much help from Jimmy (JZS161) in deciding what coilovers I should use... I ordered some HSD Coilovers and he custom valved them for my setup along spring rates. Few weeks later they showed up and luckily most of the snow was melted by that time and it was warming up nicely. The quality of these is incredible, they feel well made and there was no imprefections in the coating. Super awesome ride and I'd recommend them to anyone.

Then I finally got the time to install them

And finally, after some last minute, 9 location bolt hunts for some high strength bolts... they were installed. Thanks to Landon (ujelly350) for the assistance and use of your car while mine was MIA.

Cleaned up the car and did a little photoshoot for myself

After the drop, Jimmy hooked me up with a WorksBell steering hub and sold me one of his *ORIDO STYLE* Limited Edition - Nardi Steering Wheels. This is one of only a few in Canada. Vex Performance also hooked me up with a Apexi N1 catback exhaust around this time.

Went to a couple shows

After I had the proper suspension to get myself safely into a set of nicely fitted wheels, me and Jimmy started conversing about styles/pricing/colors. Jimmy pointed me to the Work Meister S1R's and after a few nights of sleeping on the thought, I got him to go ahead and order them and he did so directly through Work Japan.

Jimmy took hours upon hours of his own time to work on the specific sizing, offset and tire sizes needed for my setup while I was away at work. After weeks of test fitting, measuring and deliberation he finally came up with the solution to fitting 11" rears on the IS. We were originally going to only run 10's or 10.5' but Jimmy was convinced he could fit the 11's. This would be the first stock-bodied IS300 sedan to run 18x11's.

Here's the result:

Wheels: Work Meister S1R
Finish: FS2 - Polished Lip
Sizing:
18x9.5 (Front)
18x11 (Rear)

Everybody keeps asking for the offsets, but as you read above Jimmy has put countless hours into creating something nobody else has done thus far, I consider the offsets to be his hard work and his to share. Anybody else in PoorForm with custom wheels from will give you the same answer, nothing personal guys.  

The wheels

Finally mounted on the car - center caps are on crazy backorder from WORK Japan.

Updated pictures of how she looks right now (when she's not in Winter Mode)

Mike @ MDM Visuals - Photo Credit \/

And now I'm part of this awesome group of dudes

Thanks for checking out my build, I'll be sure to post all the updates in this thread

ercchry

OG Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFIS300

Updated pictures of how she looks right now

lies! it looks like this

PFIS300

OG Member
Reply with quote  #3 
edited op for "except when in winter mode".

Hater.

Jimmy that asshole, putting husky gas in my car. Hipocrits!

PFIS300

OG Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Also got this from Vex Performance - Stack Racing Cluster

Picked up STACK Boost and EGT guages as well.

ercchry

OG Member
Reply with quote  #5 
you're just lucky Jimmy noticed that was a curb in the foreground before it was too late haha
PFIS300

OG Member
Reply with quote  #6 
He's probably been out drifting it more than I would be lol.

dkjzz30

OG Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Looking good. Cant wait for summer and more garage days. There needs to be more cruises this year.
levie

OG Member
Reply with quote  #8 
awesome read dallas. Must agree iv never seen stock bodied IS300 fit wheels that big. So exited to see what the future holds for this

Toyota Soarer
ujelly350

OG Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Really an all around wonderful car. Love rolling with this thing, walking into my garage and basking in its presence and the glory that is the garage. Excited to see moar progress out of this thing. Miss it.

N00b
Reply with quote  #10 
Cutest kid, cutest build. Love it buddy!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!