Author   Comment  
Darkness

N00b
Reply with quote  #1 
Alright, time to share my build, you may not be wowed by it as I barely ever use OG or super rare parts because realistically 

I bought this car from my ex-gf's brother back in 2008. It came with a redtop SR20, megan lowering springs on kyb struts, shitty broken 3" exhaust, gay tenzo 17x7 wheels, dented in quarter panel from being t-boned and ran like a pile of fuck. Why did I buy it? Who knows. Lol.

Fixed a leaky turbo to manifold gasket, and took it drifting, it was down on power as you can tell in the video below and had a misfire that I had a really hard time trying to find.

Over that winter I didnt really have a plan on what I wanted to do to the car, just bought parts as I saw things show up for sale.

5 lug conversion
300zx front brakes
Greddy FMIC
HKS SSQV and hot pipe
Apex-i 3" downpipe, 3" megan test pipe & a 3" cat back Kakimoto Regu 2 exhaust.
Drift button - of course
Brand new Megan Track coilovers
Some random 17x8 & 17x9 mesh styled wheels.

After troubleshooting the misfire and lack of power in the spring, I was able to figure out it was a failing fuel pump, replaced it with a walbro 255, and the car became alive like it never has before. It was a great feeling haha. From there on in for the entire 2009 season, I had zero problems with this car other than snapping tie rods at drift practice.

First time trying to drift it on the new setup

Eventually get the hang of things

Towards the end of the season, I got into a shitty accident with my TSX with a dude basically hitting me head on, causing stupid neck and back muscle injuries, I parked the 240 at the end of august because it was simply to painful to drive.

Darkness

N00b
Reply with quote  #2 
The following spring, I decided it was time to put a new kit on the car and repaint it, initially I just wanted to keep it white, but ended up going with a toyota grey, some days I regret it, some days I love it.

Ugly mugs

From tackling this paint job solely by myself and one other friend, I sure did learn alot and realised I did alot of things halfassed, second time around I def will be more anal about paint.

Freshly home from paint assembling the car, spoiler isnt on yet.

Darkness

N00b
Reply with quote  #3 
Got some 5zigen Fn01r-c's in 17x9 +15 17x10 +20, nothing crazy, I know poorform will boo the shit outta me for rocking these wheels, and stilll rocking them haha.

This was the end result for 2010, till I blew the car up in July at a DMCC amateur event.

Darkness

N00b
Reply with quote  #4 
I'll post more later today, slacked off enough at work
JZS161

OG Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I dig those 5zigens. 

Nice clean S13. That's a sentence you don't hear everyday.
Darkness

N00b
Reply with quote  #6 
Hah, thanks dude. I personally hate them. Seeing them on the car for almost three years, time for a change!
malfarela

N00b
Reply with quote  #7 
Saw this car at a couple drift events in yeg this year super clean. Is it edmonton based ?
Wrong Fitment Crew #780
StanceStudio Crew
Darkness

N00b
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by malfarela
Saw this car at a couple drift events in yeg this year super clean. Is it edmonton based ?

Thanks dude, yup, I'm in Edmonton.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!